Our Montessori Toddler Program
- Ages 18 months - 3 Years
- Hands-on Learning
- Development of social skills
- Half Day: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Full Day: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Early Arrival: 7:00 am - 8:00 am
Why Sapientia Montessori?
Family-Owned Since 1987
Trained Teachers & Staff
What to Expect from a Montessori Daycare in Cedar Park
When you're a parent, nothing is more important than your children, and you want to give them the best. Here at Sapientia Montessori, we understand that the best care for your toddler is not only attentive and based on physical needs, but it is also educational, encouraging, innovative, stimulating and creative. We believe your child has limitless potential, and we're here to nurture it. Here's what you can expect from private Montessori child care:
- Trained teachers: At Sapientia Montessori, we take childcare and education extremely seriously. When you entrust your child to us, you're not just putting them in the hands of a caregiver — your little one is receiving child care, instruction and growth from trained, trusted teachers who are experienced in observing children and encouraging them to grow to their full potentials.
- A stimulating, constructive environment: Because we believe in your child's potential and aim help them flourish in life, our childcare and learning environment is all about offering the kind of stimulation this age group needs, offering your toddler room to play, discover, learn, interact and experience in his or her own unique way.
- Hands-on learning: Our Montessori Method encourages hands-on learning and discovery from interaction with materials and other children rather than direct instruction. By giving children the space and materials they need to explore, create and experience their environments, we help them build the developmental skills they need to thrive in further education and all aspects of their futures.
- Attention to practical skills: As a toddler, your child is at an important developmental time physically, and we attend to these physical needs with careful attention, while also building an early understanding and competency in practical skills like putting on their own shoes, carrying and sorting items and much more.
- Development of social skills: In continuing education and life in general, social understanding and aptitude are crucial to a child's success, and we work to develop your toddler's social skills, courtesy and empathy through interaction with, exposure to and activities with other children in their age group.
- Encouragement of creativity: We want your children to discover, imagine, innovate and explore. At our Texas Montessori daycare education program, we encourage their natural inquisitive qualities with an environment that lets them explore and create in their own way.
- Cognitive stimulation: Just like we focus on your little one's social and practical development, we encourage early mental development in your toddler with educational materials and work time designed to engage, excite and stimulate cognitive growth.
- Encouragement of emotional expression: Our focus is growing the whole child — socially, physically, cognitively and emotionally — and our care includes the encouragement of communication and expression to help your little ones live healthy emotional lives.
Our Private Montessori Daycare in Cedar Park
The first three years of a human being’s life are the most important in their overall development and determine his/her overall potential for latter years. It’s during these years that intelligence, culture and language are defined, and in which the foundations of social patterns, personality and spiritual life are formed. During this period, the child’s physical development is significant and requires our highest care and attention.
However, an even deeper development is taking place within the child: Toddlers possess an incredible need to explore their environments - every item and circumstance they come across, they must rush to, touch, feel, taste and experience through their senses.
Our toddler community is a nurturing and engaging extension of the child’s home environment, imparting a foundation about life’s key concepts, joy, comfort and safe exploration.
Through a thorough understanding of the Montessori Method and the child’s stages of development, our school creates of a fully supportive environment around the child’s unique and stage-appropriate needs.
It is in our toddler environments that children are introduced to basic guidance in preparation for the upcoming Primary environment: Receiving a lesson, eating etiquette, toilet-training, working at a table, social grace and courtesy, among others. Children develop independence through practical life skills such as wiping up a spill, putting on their shoes and carrying, pouring and arranging items, among many others.
The toddler community is the important foundation to make the transition into the Primary program simple.
Hear From Parents
"We decided to trust the process, and my daughter attended Sapientia through 6th grade. I was anxious that the transition would be difficult after coming from the intimate and fairly sheltered environment of the Montessori classroom, but it was just the opposite. It quickly became apparent that her time at Sapientia not only gave her an excellent educational foundation, but also the quiet confidence in herself that she needed to not only navigate the change successfully but to blossom in the new environment." - Liana M
"We learned about the Montessori way of teaching after we realized that our son was just not enjoying going to our local pre-school. We did a lot of research and found many ‘Montessori’ schools in Austin. None were as intriguing as Sapientia Montessori." - Silvia B
"Our two boys have had a great experience at this school. The Montessori method of teaching is extremely effective and allows kids to move at their own pace. Highly recommended!" - Ryan P
The Montessori Method for Toddlers
One of the key principles of the Montessori Method is that children want help doing things for themselves. They want the guidance to explore and learn on their own. This desire is how we all ultimately gain independence and control over our own lives. If this desire is fostered in children, that sense of independence and willingness to get help in learning, growing and discovering for themselves can grow quickly. That’s a big part of what we foster in our toddler community.
Toddlers without the Montessori experience will often enter the primary environment with a lot to learn just to prepare themselves for primary learning tasks. Time lost in the learning process can accumulate over a child’s educational life, so those who are prepared to jump right into the primary environment due to their Montessori toddler daycare experience have a much better chance of being able to stay on track and excel.
One of the most important things an educational experience does is teach one how to learn. While the content of the lesson is important, integrating the tools needed to learn in the future is just as important, as it instills in the child a love of and a facility for learning. The toddler class is a great introduction to Montessori primary education, but is also a critical step in your child’s learning in its own right.
What’s the Difference? Montessori Daycare vs. Regular Daycare
When you're considering where to enroll your child for the best care and considering Sapientia Montessori, you're probably wondering why you should choose us over another private care option and what the difference is between us and traditional daycare.
Well, for one, an authentic Montessori is NOT a daycare – it is a school.
Anyone can provide a Cedar Park daycare in TX. There’s no such thing as a Montessori school daycare – if you see one, you know it cannot be authentic.
Cedar Park parents who have taken advantage of the Montessori program quickly see how Montessori provides a significant advantage over private daycare Cedar Park facilities.
The difference between Montessori and daycare is that Montessori does more than just care for your child — we also nurture your child by encouraging his/her desire to explore.
When seeking child care in Cedar Park, TX, you have many options. After all, at a toddler age, won’t any Cedar Park daycare work? Aren’t children under three too young to appreciate an immersive, creative, educational environment?
In fact, the truth is exactly the opposite. It is in these early years that the most learning takes place, and how children learn is most crucial. We are born with many more synaptic connections than we will carry to adulthood, and our brain determines the ones that will be kept and which will be discarded, primarily based upon which ones are used the most often.
For this reason, children learn faster, better and retain knowledge longer when taught at a young age than when they are older. This is why you need more than just a daycare, childcare or babysitter for your toddler during the day. To make the most out of early childhood development, you should look into a school, ideally an authentic Montessori school. Please know that there’s no such a thing as Montessori private daycare in Cedar Park, just like there’s no such thing as a private Montessori daycare in North Austin, TX. Our private Montessori child care and education experience offers so much more.
Private Montessori Daycare in Cedar Park Texas
At Sapientia Montessori, we offer your little ones much more than a private daycare experience because we don't just care for children — we encourage them to thrive. Book a tour today to find out more about our educational toddler care program.