Our Montessori Preschool & Kindergarten Program
- Preschool & Kindergarten-level Montessori Program
Ages: 3 - 6 Years
- Half Day: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Extended Day: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Full Day: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Early Arrival: 7:00 am - 8:00 am
Why Sapientia Montessori?
Family-Owned Since 1987
Trained Teachers & Staff
What to Expect From a Montessori Preschool and Kindergarten in Cedar Park, TX
Here at Sapientia Montessori, we understand that nothing is more important to you than your child's well-being and development, and that starts with the right kind of education. Our unique, scientifically developed education program focuses on growing every aspect of the child at every developmental stage. Both our private Montessori preschool programs and private Montessori kindergarten programs focus on developing your child's social, physical, cognitive and emotional capabilities at the right pace in an environment that is encouraging, educational and uniquely stimulating. We encourage every child to develop their potential. Here's what you can expect from our Montessori preschool and kindergarten programs:
- Trained teachers: Here at Sapientia Montessori, we're dedicated to developing your child through hands-on discovery, interaction and learning techniques. Our trained teachers are skilled and experienced in child observation, instruction and encouragement with our unique Montessori Method.
- A stimulating, constructive environment: We aim to encourage and assist every child in growing and reaching their potential — so they can become inquisitive learners and independent, intelligent adults. That's why we construct a learning environment to cater specifically to your child's age group in stages — to stimulate discovery, encourage curiosity and develop building block skills and behaviors at this formative age.
- Hands-on learning: We believe that children form and flourish best with hands-on learning techniques developed through our Montessori Method. Our curriculums focus on physical discovery, social interaction, work time and explorative sessions rather than constant direct instruction. This gives your child the confidence and the materials to satisfy their curiosity and develop independent skills they will carry into the future.
- Attention to practical skills: In developmental stages like preschool and kindergarten, it is important for your child to learn physical, practical skills as much as much as they gain educational knowledge. Our nurturing, growth-based environment focuses on helping your child become independent and responsible with everyday tasks. A competent, confident child will excel in continuing education and life.
- Development of social skills: Here at Sapientia Montessori, we encourage interaction, cooperation and communication between students to build their understanding of the courtesy, manners and social graces they will need in the future. Learning young means your little ones are imprinted with the right behaviors.
- Encouragement of creativity: Discovery, imagination, curiosity and creativity are all crucial to children's development. Our Montessori preschool and kindergarten programs encourage your children to explore, innovate and tap into the possibility of their potential.
- Cognitive stimulation: To encourage mental development, young children should not simply be taught — they should be challenged and stimulated in a manner unique to their learning style and age. Our programs aim to engage and excite youngsters to continue learning.
- Encouragement of emotional expression: As part of our goal to grow the whole child, we encourage our young students to express and identify their emotions to live healthy, communicative lives.
Montessori Preschool & Kindergarten Program
Children in our Primary Program have a comprehensive curriculum, which evolves from very concrete tasks into abstract mastery of concepts, over a period of three years. It imparts children with a solid foundation on the core subjects which will be recurring across future learning years, such as: Mathematics, language, geography, science/botany/zoology, art, music, culture and social studies, among others.
In the Primary classroom and through the Montessori Method, lessons are individually introduced by the teacher. Progression, whether on the abstraction of a particular lesson or into other concepts, is based on the child’s understanding and readiness. The classroom environment is carefully prepared so as to promote creativity, expanded self-guided learning, independence and socialization, all with the clear observation and guidance by the teacher. The Montessori approach invites children to work at their own pace until the concepts are solidified and the work is completed fully and correctly.
Hear From Parents
"We decided to trust the process, and my daughter attended Sapientia through 6th grade. I was anxious that the transition would be difficult after coming from the intimate and fairly sheltered environment of the Montessori classroom, but it was just the opposite. It quickly became apparent that her time at Sapientia not only gave her an excellent educational foundation, but also the quiet confidence in herself that she needed to not only navigate the change successfully but to blossom in the new environment." - Liana M
"We learned about the Montessori way of teaching after we realized that our son was just not enjoying going to our local pre-school. We did a lot of research and found many ‘Montessori’ schools in Austin. None were as intriguing as Sapientia Montessori." - Silvia B
"Our two boys have had a great experience at this school. The Montessori method of teaching is extremely effective and allows kids to move at their own pace. Highly recommended!" - Ryan P
THE IMPORTANCE OF KINDERGARTEN AND THE 3-YEAR CYCLE: Preschool and Kindergarten Curriculums
The Primary Montessori program is three years for a very valid reason. It is important that the child completes the Kindergarten year in order to gain the maximum benefit from the program. In understanding this 3-year cycle and how crucial the Montessori Kindergarten year is, please watch this video.
In Montessori, the child grows from the concrete-basic to the abstract-complex understandings through a carefully-designed multi-year process, which aligns with the child's scientific stages of development. With our preschool curriculum, your children will experience hands-on learning, social exposure and cognitive stimulation through both physical materials and conceptual discovery. We nurture and encourage our preschoolers to prepare them socially, physically, cognitively and emotionally for the next level — kindergarten — and years beyond.
Kindergarten is the year when the child simply blossoms. This is the time when the learnings cement and fully manifest themselves - a magical year during which everything that the child has experienced in the initial years becomes internalized and reinforced. Kindergarten is also the year when children finally get to become the leaders and mentors in the class, an experience that will create life-long lasting benefits.
What To Look For in a Montessori Preschool or Kindergarten
For an unparalleled learning experience, when it comes to private Montessori kindergarten in Cedar Park or Greater North Austin, our program is the number one choice. We are focused on providing your child with an authentic Montessori Primary program curriculum, in order to give your child the biggest head start possible on his/her learning journey.
Montessori preschool children in our Cedar Park primary program (ages three through six) have a wide and comprehensive curriculum for the fullest possible educational experience. It’s very rare to find this comprehensive field of study in the average private preschool Cedar Park has to offer. Unlike students in traditional schools, our students will find subjects and concepts that may be unfamiliar to their peers in future educational environments easy to recognize and grasp, giving them a big head start.
One of the challenges of a typical learning environment is that different children learn different things at different speeds. There’s nothing wrong with this, and it’s all part of the wonder of life and development that every brain is a little different from every other.
However, this can create a problem for educators without a clear plan, as they will want to keep faster learners engaged while not leaving other students behind. Children who are rushed to the next concept before they fully understand the first one will quickly become frustrated and give up, while those who have the concepts down and aren’t given new ideas to explore and discover may lose their passion for learning.
The Montessori program is designed to not only combat this issue, but also to embrace it and turn it to the students’ advantage. You’ll have a hard time finding even a private kindergarten in Cedar Park other than ours that offers that kind of preparation.
This is a complete program designed to lead your child well into the elementary school years and beyond. Of course, your child will benefit from any reasonable amount of time they spend in the program, but the program is designed with a clear 3-year progression, with simple lessons leading seamlessly into more abstract and complex ones.
It is so crucial that your child’s first learning experience be a positive one. The lessons in this program are specifically designed to destigmatize learning and encourage children to embrace the positive aspects of the education process. This includes discovering new things, finding the answers to questions on their own, letting their imagination work and sharing what they have learned with others.
A strong foundation of learning makes future learning easier, more fun and more productive. That’s what the Montessori preschool Cedar Park program provides. Every program, from preschool on up, is consistent with our mission to nurture learning, ignite creativity, develop community, inspire joy and blossom the whole child.
If you’re looking for a private Montessori preschool in Round Rock, a private Montessori preschool in North Austin or a Montessori preschool in Austin, TX in general, we’re here for you with a program that will give your children the tools they need to succeed in elementary school, high school, college and beyond.
Private Montessori Preschool and Kindergarten in Cedar Park
Here at Sapienta Montessori, we don't just feed your kids information — we offer them the skills they need to succeed and the stimulation to flourish. Contact us for more information or to schedule your tour today.